Thursday, April 17, 2008
Gross!!!
Okay I don't know if anyone has a child who does this but it totally grosses me out. My middle child BENSON aka little terror picks his nose and whips his boogers all over everything. I go in his room and they are creamed all over the wall by his bed. I go in the living room and I find them on the furniture. In the kitchen on the counter. A short while ago I finally got him to stop picking his nose and eating it. Now I find his boogers everywhere. If anyone has a child who does this, they are not easy to clean up. They get hard and stick really good. I have to dig them off with a knife then scrub with chemical. How can I pound in his head to get in the bathroom and use a tissue?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
EWWWWWWWWW! I actually checked out a book from the library a few months ago called "Parker Picks". It's about a little boy who picks his nose and wipes it on everything, I thought Carson would be inspired to NOT pick his nose after that... my little plan backfired! Now when he picks we call him Parker!
That is pretty gross! Tray picked his nose and ate it for a long time. It was so disgusting. We told him that there was dirt and bugs and anything gross that we could think of in his boogers, but I just don't think they care. Unfortuntely, I think it is something that they have to grow out of, in the meantime, stock up on cleaner!!!
That's so funny Tannis. We haven't had that problem yet, but I'm getting a boy next so I'm sure I'm in for a lot of surprises! Your boys are so adorable. What a cute family you have. I'm glad you started a blog so that we can keep in touch! Angie
Im sorry, but I am so laughing right now!!! I guess I can do that since I have 2 boys, but benson is so dang cute it just makes me laugh! I wish I had some advice though....I don't know how, but we got our boys to use tissues. But also, I don't know if they've even got to the "picking" phase. Ive only seen them with a runny nose. so maybe they have picked and wiped and I just don't know about it!! I have yet to see evidence so Im crossing my fingers!! But good luck lady it sounds like loads of fun!! BOYS ROCK! :(
By the way, this bad habit is not just a boy thing. June always has a finger in her nose. We got her to stop eating them by showing her how much dirt was in them. We've been having a bit of luck with tissues lately but I don't know how to kick this habit. It's like the more you tell them not to, the more they do it. I guess we could just make them wear mittens all day? Let me know if you find something that works.
That is pretty gross!!! I'm sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I hope that he grow out of it soon for your sake. I don't know if I could handle finding boogers everywhere. You must be very patient! Good Luck!
OK- this is gross, but it is the only thing that has made any breakthrough w/Lexie's nose picking & eating. After cleaning out the baby's nose, I held out the contents to Lexie & pretended to make her eat it. She was finally disgusted about a booger.
Since he doesn't eat it- maybe start asking him to pick the little bro.'s nose or to wipe it w/his fingers. He will be grossed out.
Or maybe make him clean it when you find it. Eventually he will get sick of cleaning it up. Also, put boxes of kleenex's everywhere!
Post a Comment