Monday, December 7, 2009

The Holidays are beginning..

Here is an attempt to take the boys picture dressed in their church clothes. It turned out okay. It seems like the older the boys get the harder it is to get a good picture of them. Kade has always been the photogenic one in the family and this time he was the hardest.
Jordan wanted to start the tradition where we make an adventure in the mountains to let the kids pick and cutt down our Christmas Tree. They seem to really enjoy it. It was super cold that day. We took the 4-wheelers and built a fire to keep warm and roast hotdogs. I actually singed my hair and my eyebrow by getting to close to the fire.


Porter was so tired after the long day in the mountains, when we got home he just wanted his blankee pillow. He was such a trooper, he is like me and dosen't really care for the cold, while we were on top of the mountain all he would say is "cold mom truck."

I really wanted to get some pictures of us in the mountains, but when I pulled my camera out of my pocket it must of been so cold that it drained my battery.
I am so thankful for Jordan, he put so much work into getting the 4-wheelers hooked up and all the food and equipment ready for us. He took care of building the fire and pretty much everything while I sat in the truck with Porter. I'm glad he wanted to start such a good tradition so our boys would have great memories.




3 comments:

Lindsey Lou said...

We went and cut our tree on Saturday too. We went to Swan Valley though and ours still isn't decorated.

Amberlee said...

Fun tradition! So now that Porter is potty trained..... J/K! How are ya? I haven't talked to you forever. Do you ever come down here during the days so we could do lunch sometime? Let me know!

The Hokansons said...

Adorable picture of your boys, and I love your ornaments on your tree!!