Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Combining Season!!

I finally got some pictures of harvest season. Thanks Michelle for taking these pictures.
Jordan, Riley and Scott Stoker (along with alot more employees) have been running these combines nonstop since the end of July. They are finally on there last leg of getting all the grain harvested.
These pictures are on our farm. The light was fading fast but I think they turned out really well. All together there are three combines and a grain cart.
Along with the guys spending about all there time running these machines Michelle, Misty and I have spent long hours taking the crew dinner everynight. If they needed help moving we ended up with headers hooked to the back of our Yukon's. I guess they have wife's for a reason. Ha Ha
The grain cart is not in this picture but I love how they lined up all the machines with the augers out for a group picture.

5 comments:

Amberlee said...

Those pictures look awesome! At least when he's all done you'll get him home for a while!

Our Family said...

These pictures look like they could be in a text book. They turned out really good.
That is fun that Jordan can work with his family, and I am sure they have fun doing it.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I love the pictures. I don't know why, but the farm life just seems so romantic to me. I'm sure it's so much work and such long hours I know nothing about - all I've got to go on is what I've seen in the movies! If it's anything like hollywood makes it out to be, you're living the dream baby!

Amy said...

Oh my! My boys would die to live at your house for even just a day! They are true farm boys (being raised in a city, how sad is that?) Love the pictures!

Shana Dee said...

I used one of your farming pictures for church today. Somehow, the lesson talked about combines and farming machinery (the lesson was about healthy foods). The YW girls had never seen farming machinery before and they thought it was"SOOO AMAZING!"

The pictures are great and look like they need to be in some farming magazine. Do they have farming magazines?