Friday, August 22, 2008

First Grade here I come!!

Kade was so excited to start school that he had me up at 3 AM asking if he needed to get ready for school. I told him to go back to bed that I have the alarm set for 7:00 and when it goes off we will get ready. So he finally went back to bed. But was still up at 6:00 when Porter woke up. That makes for a long day for him. Hopefully the whole wheat pancakes that dad made him will make up for the lack of sleep.
Kade trying to smile in the freezing weather that we woke up to. I didn't think he would need a jacket so soon in the year. Look at his backpack it was seriously bigger than he was. I remember when I was in grade school that my mom would take me and walk me to my class, but he is so brave and pretty much knows everyone at school he wanted to ride the bus.
Here is Kade and his cousin Alexa getting ready to get on the bus. I had the bus driver stop so I could get a picture of them together.
I had to get a picture of Kade getting off the bus after school. I was so excited to hear how is first day went that I met him at the end of our driveway to take a picture. It is actually sad that he goes to school all day now. It sure makes for a long day without him, that I miss him.
His teacher is Mrs. Surerus. She is in our ward at church and I know he will do well in her class. She challenges the kids and works with them alot. She sends homework home everynight and really wants the parents involvement.
I can't believe how much he has grown up. He is such a big boy now.

7 comments:

Our Family said...

I am glad that someone else knows how I feel. He is such a cute boy! He is going to have girls chasing him all day playing kiss tag and all those fun games. How long does he have to ride the bus? And what was his favorite thing about the first grade? Alexis loved haveing lunch with her class, and going to P.E.
Jill

Sharie said...

Tannis, I'm glad you left a comment on my blog! It reminded me to check up on ya! Your family is so darn cute. I'm jealous that you have boys....like we said that one day at church, next time you have a boy and I have a girl - we'll switch!

cortnieb said...

how flippin cute is he?! bentley would so love to ride the bus but no busses to the charter school...or even the public schools really here...you have to PAY to have your kids ride the bus isn't that funny? GO CALIFORNIA!

Caroline said...

That's pretty cool that Kade has Sis. Surerus. I have heard that she is a great teacher. Kade looked so cute all ready to go to first grade. It looks like fun sending kids off to school, but I'm glad I have a few years before I have to do that.

cortnieb said...

Hey tannis! I saw that you commented on Lindsy's blog that you have one of those thingys that tell you who comes to your blog.....can you tell me how to get one? I am lame and don't know how to do it!! thanks a billion!
cort

Jenny Williams said...

Tannis, I noticed your blog from Amy's and I had to check it out. Your family is so cute. That is crazy that you have a first-grader! You are welcome to check out our blog if you'd like - craeandjennywilliams.blogspot.com
Thanks for allowing me to stalk you!:) Jenny (Denning) Williams

Jon and Nicole Palmer said...

How cute that he woke up at 3am and wanted to go to school! I know I always say this, but your boys are so DANG CUTE!! Jaden had Mrs. Surerus and she was so good with him, he loved her class. I never stayed in Idaho w/o Jon, it seems like I always have all these big plans that never happen...oh well!
I hope you're doing good!