I had to put on my blog some of the things my kids said this week. They are always saying funny things but I always forget to write about it and then I forget.
The other day Benson was in the bathtub and he was yelling for me to get him out. I told him that he needed to hurry and wash his body so I could help him wash his hair. His reply was "I I Captain." I guess I need to be less demanding all the time.
Jordan has been thrashing grain for a while now and if the boys want to spend any time with him, I take them to ride on the combine with him for awhile. Well yesterday Benson wanted to ride with Jordan so I took him there. There was this guy who drives one of the trucks that hauls the grain. He jumped up on the combine to talk to Jordan and when he saw Benson he said " hey buddy how are you today" Benson's reply "I wish you would brush your teeth" Jordan about died when he said that. When the guy finally left Jordan had to explain to him that we need to be polite to other people and that would make him feel bad. He also said that's why mom and dad make you brush and floss your teeth every day so they don't look like that when you get big.
My Aunt died from a long battle of breast cancer and they had her funeral in Alpine Utah which we were not able to attend. But they had her burried here in Idaho and we were able to go. We took the boys to the grave side ceremony so they never were able to see her in the casket. While we were there they had a few speakers and a musical number. Kade was so patient and reverent and the next minute he leans up to my sister Andrea and says "Andrea when are they going to open that big treasure chest." Andrea couldn't help but chuckle because of how innocent and serious he was. Then she explained to him what was really going on and who was in the casket. I think it was funny that he thought every one was gathered around to find out what was in the big treasure chest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for posting, those really made me laugh! I really just love it when my kids say things that embarrass me in front of friends, family, and often perfect strangers. I especially love the treasure chest - GOLDEN!
Thanks for the great laugh! I loved those! I need to remember to write down the funny things my kids say. There are definitely some funny things that you don't ever want to forget!
That made me laugh out loud! I love the things kids say. My kids tell us all the time that we need to brush. And when I asked them what color my teeth were... yep, Yellow! And then Ryan asked them, and they said Brown. We are so glad we asked.
I love the treasure chest! That is the cutest thing I have ever heard.
I love your family picture on the top! You are so beautiful, and you have such a handsome group of little boys! ( we will have to do some setting up when our kids get older)
Jill
I love the teeth brushing comment! I seriously needed a good laugh - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment