Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Aren't kids so cute!!

I finally gave Porter his first official haircutt. I have trimed it with the sissors before. I actually struggled on using the clippers because he has alot of natural curl (which I loved). It finally got to wear it needed a buzz. This is wear I did the hair cutting, in the bathroom while he played in the sink and water. Doesn't he look so cute.
All Porter could consontrate on is me putting the clippers away, he got annoyed pretty fast. As soon as I put them away he started to smile. Not bad for no help while he moved and pushed the whole time.

Okay, The kids found a snake on the road the other day and of course my sister had to pick it up and show everyone that it wouldn't hurt them. So for a couple of days we kept it in a 5 gallon bucket in our garage. Kade begged us to take him to Petco and buy it some pinkies to eat. If you all don't know what pinkies are, they are new born mice without hair. He wanted to keep them in our freezer and feed the snake one everyday.

Well, Kade could not convince me of that so we told him the snake would die if we didn't let it go. So here are all the kids saying there goodbyes. Kade named it Henry. If anyone has seen the movie Flicka thats where he got the name.

The final release.

Good bye Henry maybe we will see you next summer!!

7 comments:

Amberlee said...

Wow- You are SO brave. Cutting hair by yourself AND letting them play with a snake. I would never let my kids pick up a snake. Mean huh?

Our Family said...

That is a big water snake.... My girls also love to pick up snakes and play with them. This summer Alexis fell in love with a baby blow snake... it wasn't long before it was lost in the house, and after I found it we let it go.
There was a party last summer with all my mother in laws family. (all girls) and she found a water snake and ran in to the house and was so excited to show everyone that she threw it on the table where they were eating and said "look a snake"! They all jumped up and were very freaked out.
I love the new hair cut, he looks like a little boy now. So handsome!
Jill

cortnieb said...

HAHA!! Okay Im so glad we don't have snakes by us..if my boys brought a snake home I would freak!! I am completely terrified!!
but your little porter looks adorable with his new hair cut!! what a doll!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Now see, there's the difference between having boys and girls, my girls would be in love with the "pinkies" and begging to keep them and not the snake!

Shana Dee said...

Wow living in the country bring on a whole new world. Playing with snakes and turtles and whatever else seems to be around. Who needs toys when you can run around in the fields and play with the great outdoors.

Great job on the hair cut! Little boys hair is really hard to cut.

The Wyatt's said...

Oh how do you do it with three boys?! I could not handle having a snake pet! In a way though it's just too cute. Boys will be boys. It's probably nice to know they are boyish if that makes sense. Hopefully Jacob will still be very boyish with two older sisters!

Camille said...

EEEwww! The pinkies- not the snake. I can handle a snake, but to actually pay to bring a mouse in to the house? I don't think so. Nice job on the hair!