1- I hate to go out in public when my boys hair has not been combed. Jordan says I am a freak and to let them be boys, but it really bothers me when they don't have it combed. This summer I have really struggled because we can't start the day without it combed and they take off out the door before I can get ahold of them.
2-I am constantly organizing the closets and dresser drawers. I love to have short sleeve button up shirts together in a row, then long sleeve butten shirts, church pants together, then church shirts with sweaters next to each other. I hate to have everything all over the closet. Kade and Benson share a room and they each have there own side of the closet organized. Plus the kids are always growing so I hate to have clothes that don't fit them anymore hanging around taking up space.
3-After we put the kids to bed I can not sit and relax until the house is straightened up and in perfect order. I am constantly picking up all day long but when its dinner time along with bathing and bed, the house gets pretty wrecked. Jordan is always telling me to relax but I can't until thats done. I have actually relaxed alot, I use to be alot more anal. I also have the boys' toys in order, they all have there own special place and when they are not in that certain place it really bugs me. When friends come over with there kids and it's time to leave I usually say I will clean it up so I can put everything back in the exact place. I even have Kade and Benson trained to put things in that exact spot.
4-I have to plan my week out ahead of time. I usually make a mental note of what things I need and want done during the week and what days I will accomplish it. For example: Monday yard work with everything that needs to be done, garden weeded, lawn mowed, everything watered. Tuesday house work everything dusted, mopped, vaccumed, bathrooms deep cleaned and mopped, laundry done. Wednesday-to town to get grocery's. If I have everything done I don't know what to do with myself, I have to be doing something all the time.
5-I like to be the one who does our banking. I have to know what bills we have and what money we have. I have everything in a system how things get paid and in what way.
6-I think I clean my car out once a week. I always take take everything out when we have been anywhere, but I have to vaccumn and armoral it once a week. My kids are always wipping there dirty hands and mouths all over the windows leaving marks. I just hate to have garbage and old food floating around in the car.
This was not easy to admit, but there you have it 6 quriks about me.
I tag who ever wants to do this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was fun to read. Seems like you have a lot of the same quirks as me. We're both OCD :) I hope your summer's been good. I need to call you sometime soon!
You are a clean freak it sounds like! That is not a bad thing. I am the same way with a lot of things. I just need to get better about cleaning my car. There is so many other things that get put on my list first, that it gets pushed to the bottom of the list. Ryan will clean it more than I do, which is very helpful!
This was fun to read, take care.
Jill
It sounds like we have a lot of the same quirks...maybe we are normal and everyone else isn't!! lol
You would make a great teacher...most of us are all a tad on the anal side. I love that can't relax until things are in their place. I also think it is great that you train the boys to put their toys in the right place.
Post a Comment