Monday, November 3, 2008

"Hunting with Dad and Jake"

Jordan and Jake Kidd have been good friends since High School. I don't think we have seen Jake since his wedding. Last week he gave Jordan a call and remembered that Jordan's favorite thing to do this time of year is hunt. So they decided to spend a few days together in the mountains and hunt. The kids and I decided to take a trip one day to see them. Well Jordan decided they needed to do an evening hunt and him and Jake would take Kade and Benson along, while Porter and I stayed back at the trailer. They hiked for quite awhile and we actually didn't think Benson would make it. They finally decided to take a rest and when they did not even a minute later a herd of Elk come wondering about 100 yards in front of them. Jordan saw them that morning and new where they were. When the boys spotted them they froze. Jordan shot and down he went. They saw him gut it and they hauled it back to camp. The boys were so excited. When Benson explains it all he can remember is that he saw dad cutt it's butt out. Kade has been begging us to let him take the horns for show-n -tell at school. We keep telling him you can't take horns to school and he just says, "my teacher says we can take anything we are excited about." Maybe once Kade brings horns to school she will refrase that.
Kade and Benson's first Elk....

Earlier that day we spent forever letting Porter throw rocks into the creek. His favorite thing to do.


The Fam.....
Guess what I have to look forward to. Hunting every year.....



4 comments:

The Taylor's said...

I always think your family is just so cute! How exciting that the boys were with Jordan when he got the big hunt. They'll never forget that.

Amberlee said...

Lucky, lucky you! At least you'll get some quiet time when they all go hunting!

Our Family said...

That is so cool. I don't think I will ever get my girls to go hunting... they would cry if they saw Ryan kill something.

Mark and Shauna Fam said...

So thats why Brenden came home and said he wanted to go camping like Cade. Looks like a lot of cold fun. No thanks.