Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day!



For Memorial Day, Jordan decided to take a day off.

It's not really a tradition in our family to go camping since we are farmers and can only do that at the spur of the moment.

We decided to take the kids to see where there relatives were burried and to put flowers on them. I have a few pictures of Jordans mom Terri with the kids, before we put flowers on the grave she showed them pictures of there Grandma and Grandpa Robison since Kade was a baby when they died. Jordan has had two cousins die and she was showing them pictures and talking about them and who they were. There names were Clinton who died at the age of 2 1/2 years old. And then Mac who died at the age of 19. The kids really enjoyed putting flowers on there head stones. They really don't understand a whole lot, but its good to tell them about some of there heritage.

3 comments:

Gavin and Natalie said...

What a nice tradition. You guys are the best parents to do that. I always wonder if traditions like that will be forgotten as our generation gets older. Glad to know you're keeping it alive. Maybe you'll have to take my kids one day too. :) haha j/k Glad you were able to have a day off with your hubby. The speed racer pictures are cute! Love ya!

The Taylor's said...

This is a tradition with my family as well except we've never done the picture thing. I love that idea & am going to steal it for the future. Also..the speed racer creation was darling- I was grinning from ear to ear! Tell Jordan he's a good dad- love that they just looked around the shop & created something fun. I seriously love the way you guys are raising your boys- true Idaho boys will still exist.

cortnieb said...

You guys are such a cute little family! I love that you went to Mac's grave...I used to be way good friends with him when I was younger..he was such a fun guy! And could Jordan be a cooler boy dad? Go speed racer!!