Monday, May 26, 2008

Speed Racer!





I don't know if any of you have kids who totally get into the characters when they watch movies like mine do. Last week Kade went to the movie Speed Racer with his cousin and friends for a birthday party. Well he came home wanting his dad to build him a speed racer car now. One with a motor. He cried for ever until Jordan told him he would take him to the shop and try and build him one tomarrow. We even told him that we don't know what a speed racer car looks like since we have never seen the movie. If anyone knows Kade if its not exactly the way he wants it look out. I was just glad it was Jordan instead of me. Well they spent a few hours in the shop trying to build a speed racer car. This is the out come. He was pretty mad that it did not have a motor. But when Jordan hooked it up to the back of the 4-wheeler he thought it was pretty "AWSOME." By the way if anyone is wondering it's an old push lawn mower that was laying around. He welded a seat to it with a steering wheel long with some foot pegs.

If anyone is wondering why Benson is crying its because he was trying to get off the front of the 4-wheeler and got caught on something and ripped his pants he was dangling off the 4-wheeler Jordan had to go and unhook him. I hate buying my kids clothes because his pants were almost new and now I had to throw them away. I wish my kids weren't so hard on clothes.

4 comments:

Amberlee said...

I totally hear you on the kids being hard on clothes thing. My kids are terrible at that! The car looks so cute! I bet he loved it. What a good daddy!

Caroline said...

That speed racer car looks so sweet. I think Jordan should make one for me and Sean!!!! Hey, I had to make a new blog because I got a different email account. The site is www.scjwearemarshall.blogspot.com if you are interested.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

You guys are so creative! I think that speed racer would be impressed with such sweet wheels! I'm sorry about the clothing destruction! I get so mad when Kolby lets the girls eat without bibs and play in the dirt in their nice clothes! I hate buying stuff just to have it destroyed! I'm a clothing nazi!

Shana Dee said...

Tannis, this put the biggest smile on my face. Sometimes I forget that you don't have to go to the store to have fun. What a great bonding experience. I'd say your version of a "speed racer" is way better than anything you could buy.