Saturday, May 17, 2008

Picking Asparagus






With the nice weather we get tons of traffic out by our house with so many people wanting to pick asparagus. If you look at peoples license plates they come clear from Pocatello to pick the asparagus in front of our house. The boys love to go out and find it. All Spring the boys have been keeping an eye on it to see it get bigger everyday. But today we finally decided to go and pick it before all the people got to it first. Kade has very good eyes and can spot it a mile away. He usually gets to it first and Benson cries. I was pretty proud of him today when he was helping Benson and his cousins Alexa and Brynlee find the asparagus to pick it.

6 comments:

Shana Dee said...

Hi, I love asparagus. I wish I could get some for free just by walking out into the ditch or side of the road. I pay around 5-6 dollars for less than a pound. Living in Az has perks, but getting fresh/cheap produce isn't one of them.

Enjoy your free asparagus!
Shana

Camille said...

Ahhh- but do your kids actually eat it? We have veggie eating issues at our house. Maybe you can set up a booth & make all the "tourists" pay to pick! :)

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I didn't know asparagus grew along the side of the road! I always think those people are wackos who are picking stuff along the side of the road! Now I know what they are doing! Hope you got a bunch!

Shana Dee said...

Hey, I went private with my blog. If you want to keep in touch or just see what crazy things I'm up too, just email me at cheneyfun@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite.
shana

Amy said...

I love asparagus! That makes me miss Idaho... where you could just find it on the side of the road instead of on the side of the aisle in Albertsons!

cortnieb said...

amen to what shana said!! asparagus is so flippin expensive!! Maybe while Im here in Idaho I'll try and find me some!! have a fantastic memorial weekend!